Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Y&T n The Runaways

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RockUFOrever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a friend who is a Big Runaways Fan and he is the one who turned me onto there Music back in the days.

    I think the Runaways were ahead of there time,as do others,and I thought they wrote some real kool tunes.

    I also know that the Runaways did some Shows with Y&T also.Any kool stories that could be told about these shows and or the good times that were had in those days would be real kool to hear.

    I know at Dave Menikettis 50th B-Day Bash in 2003,there was a B-Day Video presenatation for Dave, and Cherie was Part of it Wishing Dave a Happy B-Day and thanking him for helping her and The Band out back in those Days.

    I am pretty sure Cherie did some backing vocals on a Y&T CD also if memory serves me correctly.

    Cherie if you read this any stories or thoughts you can add would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks to the Queens Of Noise for being Innovators in the Wild World Of Rock and Roll.

    Russ

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RockUFOrever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok I knew Cherie had done some backing vocals and she did on Y&T's Struck Down album in 78 on the tune "Tried To Show You"

    Russ

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks Russ. That's definitely on my want list now!
    Thanks for the info and welcome to this way CCool board!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PartyGrrrlzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2005
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That's cool. Welcome to the board Russ. Have fun like US [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] 'zzz

  5. #5
    Inactive Member flukeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Y and T are wonderful, as The Runaway's are too....Y and T still perform........


    Y and T and Meniketti


    check it out

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'Black Tiger' is a favorite record of mine. Love their earlier stuff, but I don't think I ever heard the track with Cherie. Can you tell it's her? Or is it more like a blended background chorus?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member RockUFOrever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the Welcome.There are a few other bands I like also that had all woman in them and that is Phantom Blue and the Donnas and Precious Metal.

    It's a blended background vocal.It sounds like Cherie's vocals were lost in the mix in the most part.

    They reason this probably happened is not much of a secret anymore.The guy who produced and Engineered the record decided he was going to mix it with some out of space like effects without the knowledge of anybody,all the while the guy is smoking PCP.He does this on the master recording so there was no way to go back and fix anything.

    Also Y&T's record label at the time had already decided to drop all rock acts from there hands or just plain folded basically so the record was pretty left out in the cold before it was even released.

    I did go out to Cali 5 times inbetween 2003 & 2004 to see Y&T for 7 shows and the Dave Meniketti Band One night and for Dave's 50th B-day Bash for those 2 nights I mentioned in Dec of 2003.

    I am working on going back to Cali in Nov on the 11th & 12th for the shows that Y&T have been playing every year for the past 4 or 5 years at the Mystic in Petaluma.

    They shot a DVD at the Mystic shows last year for 2 nights and also some footage in 2003 at 2 out of 3 shows at the Mystic when Joey first played with the band in 16 years.

    Hopefully the Y&T DVD will be out by the time the Nov shows in Petaluma happen.There should be some awesome footage on this DVD.

    Russ [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Russ,

    I only ever heard one tape from Phantom Blue which I liked very much, but I'm not sure it was ever released. I found it in the office a few years ago and it was an advance cassette from Geffen Records I think, from the mid 80's. Any info on that?

    Precious Metal opened for Y&T once. Did you ever hear Rock Goddess? They did a record called '**** Hath No Fury' that's really good. I like it cuz it's really bottom heavy, the drums are like cannons. The sound was a little reminiscent of Def Leppard.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member RockinSheri's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    >>>Precious Metal.

    One of my ALL TIME favorite bands!
    Hi Mara!!!

    xox!

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Mine too!!!!
    High Mara!wave
    yourock
    GD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic